Tejas Shah, MDPediatric Cardiovascular Disease
Tejas Shah, MD, is board certified in pediatrics and pediatric cardiology by the American Board of Pediatrics. He earned his medical degree at the University of Missouri and then completed his residency in internal medicine and pediatrics at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis, TN. He completed his pediatric cardiology fellowship at UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center here in Dallas and went on to do additional training in heart failure and heart transplantation. He completed a pediatric critical care fellowship at New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York City prior to joining us here at Medical City Children's Hospital. He has served as an assistant professor of pediatrics at both UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center Dallas and the Medical College of Wisconsin/Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. Dr. Shah has expertise in pediatric cardiology, pediatric cardiac critical care, end-stage heart failure, heart transplantation, and mechanical circulatory support. When not at work, Dr. Shah is an avid traveler, has a passion for nature and landscape photography, and enjoys playing tennis.
- Pediatric Cardiovascular Disease - Primary - Board Certified
- Gender: Male
- Fellowship: Pediatric Critical Care: New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowship: Pediatric Cardiology: UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center
- Residency: Internal Medicine and Pediatrics: University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Graduate Degree: University of Missouri